INVESTING IN COMPANIES THAT DISRUPT AND TRANSFORM HEALTH CARE
About Lemhi Ventures
We believe that venture capital is the engine of innovation.
We deploy our investments and our expertise to build companies with the ideas and discipline to fix a broken health care system.
We focus exclusively on health care services.
Our passion for this industry drives every investment decision.
We invest with a point of view.
Disruptive innovations and new technology are the keys to better health care, lower costs, and greater consumer control.
We bring deep operational experience to the table.
We understand the challenges of breaking new ground.
We believe in talented people.
Entrepreneurs with vision, passion, and discipline can push beyond the status quo.
We take our inspiration and our name from Lemhi Pass, one of many formidable obstacles confronted and conquered by Lewis and Clark and the Corps of Discovery at the beginning of the 19th century. Their journey remains a cornerstone of America’s national folklore, a story of insatiable curiosity, clarity of purpose, and undaunted courage in the face of uncertainty and adversity.
How We Work
Our methodology is really quite simple: we ask a lot of questions, and we keeping asking them until we thoroughly understand the business and its potential impact on the delivery of health care.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT WHEN YOU PITCH TO US?
We are disciplined investors looking for companies with very specific characteristics. Our first questions explore how you fit in our investment strategy. What is your business model? What do you believe about the current system? Do you provide products, tools, or services that change the way health care is financed? The way transactions are processed? The way care is delivered or made more accessible? Do you make the infrastructure of health care services faster, more efficient, and more secure?
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT DURING DILIGENCE?
We take due diligence very seriously. In addition to your financial and operational plans, we need to know that you understand the dynamic of the markets in which you work, that you’re thinking about not only your business and business model, but how and why your competitors will react. From there we’ll dig deep to test your assumptions, probe your markets, and assess your team.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT AFTER WE INVEST?
With every investment, we believe in active involvement with the leaders of our portfolio companies. We seek entrepreneurs whose competitive advantage is thinking differently. The leaders in whom we invest have the drive and passion to succeed by changing the game.
If you have a business that offers a fundamental change to the status quo, we’d like to talk about how we can help you build toward that disruption. Send us an email with a brief outline of your business and its potential.
The Lemhi Team
Our core team of principals has deep operating experience gained in companies from start-ups to the Fortune 50. Over the past ten years, we have honed our investment process and built a network of consultants and advisors to help each portfolio company develop or acquire the skills it needs to succeed.
Portfolio Company News
- PlanSource Marks 10-Year Anniversary with Growth February 16, 2018
- Digital Reasoning Pursues Patents for Communication Analysis January 26, 2018
- Stratovize selects PlanSource for HR technology and services January 17, 2018
- Digital Reasoning CEO Challenges AI Hype January 2, 2018
- PokitDok’s Healthcare IT Trends to Watch in 2018 January 2, 2018
- PlanSource to Power OneDigital Health and Benefits December 19, 2017
- PokitDok Earns CAQH CORE Certification December 11, 2017
- CNBC Lists PokitDok as Early Stage Innovator November 21, 2017
- PokitDok earns Health Information Trust Alliance certification October 30, 2017
- PokitDok Named Top 50 Health IT Disruptor October 16, 2017
- PlanSource Launches Fall Product Release September 27, 2017
- Digital Reasoning Names New Chief Analytics Officer September 26, 2017
- Recondo posts strong performance August 1, 2017
- Cigna Joins PlanSource Partner Program July 24, 2017
- Recondo Technology in strategic partnership with HealthPay24 June 21, 2017
- PokitDok Broadens Pharmacy Services with Oration PCB Acquisition June 14, 2017
- PokitDok Teams with Intel for Blockchain Solution May 15, 2017
- Digital Reasoning Appoints Veteran IT Exec Brett Jackson as CEO April 24, 2017
- Recondo Adds to Executive Team April 17, 2017
- Digital Reasoning Wins Top AI Technology Award April 10, 2017
- PlanSource Releases Mobile-Friendly Benefits Enrollment Tools March 14, 2017
- Guardian makes strategic investment in PokitDok March 9, 2017
- PlanSource technology selected by USI Insurance Services March 7, 2017
- PokitDok Launches on AWS Marketplace February 27, 2017
- Pager Incorporates PokitDok Eligibility Solution February 20, 2017
- PlanSource Acquires Next Generation Enrollment January 31, 2017
- Digital Reasoning Named AI Top 100 Company January 22, 2017
- Recondo Technology Launches AuthInitiate January 17, 2017
- PokitDok CEO on Bloomberg TV January 11, 2017
- PlanSource CEO Dayne Williams One to Watch January 9, 2017
- PokitDok Accredited as Cloud-Enabled Service Provider January 9, 2017
315 East Lake Street, Suite 304
Wayzata, MN 55391
We are located about 15 miles west of downtown Minneapolis.
Take I-394/ Highway 12 west to Wayzata, exiting on Wayzata Boulevard East.